Here we have our first breakfast recipe! Thanks to Anna’s genius brains she put together this amazing breakfast skillet. It’s all in one, all of your favorite veggies paired with perfect amish eggs. You can also add your choice of meat, bacon, chicken or steak to make your breakfast skillet even tastier! We decided to go vegetarian with this one 😉
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3-4 Stems Kale
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (any color)
- 1 Small Zucchini
- 1 Tomato
- 3-4 Medium mushrooms
- 4 Eggs
- Fresh Mozzarella (3-4 slices)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cut up all your vegetables, Add 1 Tbsp oil to your skillet on medium heat.
- Start by adding the kale and peppers, let them simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of water and the rest of the vegetables. Season with garlic powder and black pepper, cover and let them saute for about 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Crack in the eggs one at a time and close the lid. Let them cook for about 4 minutes, add in the mozzarella, cover and turn off heat. Let it sit for about 1 minute or until the cheese melts. Salt to taste.
* It’s very delicious drizzled with maple syrup! (my opinion).