What do you do when you pick about 30lbs of blueberries? You make a bunch of blueberry foods! I mean food containing blueberries, I’m sure you get the point 🙂 Anyways, my mom decided to go one last time for blueberries, and it just happened to be 95 degrees F. Ask me if we all had heat strokes? Yea I believe more than one, but that didn’t stop us from picking 5 buckets of fresh blueberries. Anna (my partner in food blogging, as all of you should already know) was picking with us, and we decided to make something easy and fun. So here we have for you a super easy smoothie bowl 🙂
Oh and a couple of shots from our adventures in the blueberry field 🙂
Ingredients for the smoothie bowl:
- 1 cup blueberries + for garnish (chilled or frozen)
- 2 bananas
- 1 peach + for garnish (chilled or frozen)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (chilled)
- 1/3 cup Fage or Chobani yogurt
- 1 kiwi (for garnish only)
- 1/2 cup granola (for garnish only)
Instructions for smoothie bowl:
- Prepare all of your fruits by cutting them as desired.
- Combine all of your smoothie ingredients together, 1 cup blueberries, 1 banana, yogurt, 1 peach, and orange juice. Blend till smooth.
- Take a medium bowl and pour the smoothie into it. You can add chia seeds or acai powder to make your smoothie thicker.
- Top with bananas, granola, kiwi, and peaches, or with your favorite toppings. Make it look pretty!
I mean…I’m pretty proud with how mines came out 😉 I’m sure you will nail it like I did, if not better!