I’ve never really been fond of pasta or white alfredo sauce, but when I started making my own, it totally grew on me. Such a fancy dinner without any hard work. We all know Olive Garden and other pasta places, why do they always make their pasta so dry? Maybe that’s why I never agreed to ordering any, they simply don’t add enough sauce to make it tasty. Hopefully this recipe will make you fall in love all over again 🙂
Ingredients for shrimp fettuccine:
- 1 12 oz pack of Ronzoni fettuccine
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 24 oz large raw shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
Instructions for shrimp fettuccine:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp salt and oil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, I cooked mine for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and prepare your shrimps.
- While the pasta is cooking, take a large skillet and add 1 stick of butter till melted through.
- Then add 1 quart of heavy cream. This may seem too much, but I chose too much rather than too little. Add 2 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- After the heavy cream comes to a light boil, add the peeled shrimps. Let the shrimps cook for couple minutes, then add 1 tbsp of parmesan. When they start boiling turn off and set aside while your pasta is cooking.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and throw them back into the large pot. Take your alfredo sauce and pour it into the pasta.
- Here comes the little secret, you will see that the pasta is too runny and there is way too much alfredo sauce. I close the lid and let the pasta sit in the sauce for about 10 minutes. You can even keep it on a very low heat and keep stirring so that the pasta absorbs in the alfredo sauce. Then your pasta is perfetto! (That’s perfect in Italian)
Be the first to leave a review.