Let me first begin with my apologies, when I took photos on my camera, the first pictures somehow disappeared and I can’t seem to know what happened. So bare with me and try to follow along, I do have most of the second half of them so it’s not all that bad 🙂
Zuppa Toscana, we all know is one of thee greatest soups out there. How can it not be? I mean, creamy and a hint of spicy, the kale with its remarkable texture, I can go on but I won’t. Let me just say that this soup is far more creamier than the original Olive Garden soup. I add a mixture of ingredients to help accomplish that. Shall we begin?…
Ingredients for the soup:
- 13 cups of water
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1lb sausage
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 heaping tbsp sour cream
- 1 15 oz bacon Alfredo
- 1 bunch of kale
Instructions for the soup:
- Bring 13 cups of water to a boil. Then add 1 tbsp better than bouillon and 2 tbsp of salt.
- Let the bouillon dissolve and throw in your diced potatoes. I like to leave my skin on.
- While your water is coming to a boil, heat a medium skillet, cut up 5 bacon strips and cook till nice and crispy. Drain the excess oils and set aside.
- In the same skillet or a new one, on medium heat, break the sausage meat into little balls and throw them into the skillet. Add 1 tbsp mayo and let them saute for about a minute. Throw in your bacon and turn the heat off.
- Add the bacon and sausage into the soup. Meanwhile, take a bowl or mixing dish and pour your heavy cream, alfredo, and sour cream into the dish and whisk together till no clumps are seen.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture into the soup and bring down the heat to a low medium. Let it come to a boil. Meanwhile, wash your kale and cut into small pieces, or as desired.
- When the soup comes to a boil, add the kale. I usually cook the kale for about 4-5 minutes. If you like the kale softer, cook a little longer.
And as simple as that your soup is ready to be served! It’s also amazing for reheating 🙂
Be the first to leave a review.