It was a rough flight overseas. With four children, baggage and a heavy iron waffle maker, my parents were flying from Ukraine to America. Why would my mother ever want to bring that old heavy piece of iron with her? Well now, of course, I thank her for doing so 🙂 It sure does make the best crispy waffles out there! I’m not saying you can’t make good ones without my mom’s antique waffle maker, but I sure do love it!
I couldn’t find a similar waffle make anywhere, but this electric one on seems like it’ll be closest match out there.
Ingredients for waffles:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 sticks melted butter
Ingredients for cream:
- 14oz. canned caramel
- 2 sticks butter (unsalted)
Ingredients for Chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup of Dove or chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp of milk
1. Take out your waffle maker, whichever one you have. Follow the instructions on the preheating. For my old iron one, I put it on the stove and wipe it down with olive oil. Then it heats up for about 10 minutes.
2. While my waffle maker is heating up, I beat 5 eggs with 1 cup sugar. Then add the 2 sticks of melted butter, and sift in the 1 cup of flour until no clumps are left.
3. When your waffle maker is ready, take a tablespoon or a little more (depending on the size you want for the waffle) and pour it onto the waffle machine. I had to rotate mine, so I waited about 10 sec on one side, flipped it over and 5 sec on the other. (I know I know, very fast maker) After it’s done, take it out and quickly roll up one side of the waffle tighter than the other side. We want an opening on top and the bottom closed for “no leak”. Yes, my fingers were a little numb from the heat of the waffles while rolling them up. But I guess it’s worth it in the end? 🙂
4. After you have all of your waffles nicely rolled up and finished, you can now start the cream. Beat the 2 sticks of butter for about 3-5 min, then add the caramel. And wa-la! Your cream is finished and your waffles are ready to be filled. Pipe in the cream and refrigerate for about 30min before adding the chocolate. But if you’re too lazy to make the chocolate glaze, then they are all done! My mother never puts chocolate on them, it was recent that we thought about adding a little more calories to the waffles
5. If you’re like me, and you love chocolate then you’ll go on to the next level and make your waffles even better! Take the Dove or chocolate chips and add the milk (you can also throw a little piece of butter for extra creamy chocolate) then put them in a little saucepan and stir on low heat. Let it cool off a little and the dip you’re already made waffles, or I just spooned up the chocolate and sorta spread them on. And refrigerate or freeze them! Enjoy these delicious and simple homemade crispy waffles! 🙂
Thanks for checking out my first recipe! Please excuse
any all mistakes, I will get better at this I promise.
Tell me what you think in the comments below!