Friday is finally here, and we have a new delicious recipe for you!
Let’s start off by saying how simple and easy this lasagna is to make. This ain’t your typical lasagna baby 😉 My amazing cousin Alla Moyseyuk was kind enough to share this recipe with me. (You know how I love to steal away good recipes from people)
So yeah… here it is, the incredible, juicy, creamy, moisty, easy, delicious, okay you get the point here?
I need not say more. Let’s dive in? 🙂
- 1 pack Prince lasagna
- 1-2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pepper
- 4-6 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 8 oz Prego
- 1 15 oz whole milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cream cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (sprinkle top)
- 2 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook about 15 strips of lasagna, as directed on box. Add 1 Tbsp salt. After the lasagna is fully cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- While the lasagna is cooking, cut up all of the vegetables.
- Take a large skillet and on medium heat, add about 1 tbsp olive oil. Add your diced onion and let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Then add in the beef and cook till browned. Then add in mushrooms and peppers and cook for 2 min.
- Add in the cup of cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Then add your prego sauce and ricotta cheese. Add 1 tbsp salt. Bring it to a light boil and turn off heat. (My belly be showin’)
- Take a large baking dish and pour about 1-2 cups of the sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Then add 3 lasagna strips over it. Repeat the process till all lasagna strips are gone. Your last layer should have meat on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired, then add about 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.